Digital ‘Town of Marana’ wins a top honor | Business
Marana was recently named a top-ranked digital government by e.Republic’s Center for Digital Government and Digital Communities Program. They were named the winner for communities with between 30,000 and 74,999 residents.
To reach this status Marana has undergone a lot of changes, they re-launched its website, introduced a mobile-app to its residents, and began keeping an electronic database of its assets as well. The criteria used to award these standings was based on results achieved by each city by using its new technology to make city operations more efficient and accomplishing it on a small budget.
Other awardees included:
- Ann Arbor, Mich. (75,000-124,999 residents)
- Salt Lake City (125,000-249,999)
- Louisville (250,000 or more)
- Avondale (eighth in the 75,000-124,999 category) was the only other Arizona community to place in the competition.
The Center for Digital Government is a national research and advisory institute on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government. The Center is a division of e.Republic, a national publishing, events and research company focused on smart media for public sector innovation.
Upcoming Events near Marana-Avra Valley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Holiday greeting from Oro Valley native, Colonel Matthew Lewis
- Woman jailed, accused of fraud
- Back To Supersonica, makes its debut at the Pima Air & Space Museum
- Oro Valley’s “Drop & Shop” event lets parents finish holiday shopping
- OV public outreach kicks into high gear, community invited to special events