Police arrest suspect in 16-month string of robberies | News
MARANA, AZ (Tucson News Now)- More than 16 months after the start of a string of robberies, law enforcement agents believe they have arrested the man responsible.
31-year-old Elias Freig was arrested at 6:30 a.m. Monday and is now in the Pima County Adult Detention Center.
Authorities allege he committed six robberies; three within the Pima County Sheriff's Department's jurisdiction, one within Tucson city limits, and two in the Phoenix area.
The first case was reported on Dec. 23, 2011 at the Chase Bank at 8360 North Thornydale Road.
Law enforcement personnel from the Sheriff's Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and Tucson Police Department made the arrest on the 9400 block of North Sammy Avenue, near North Hartman Road and West Linda Vista Boulevard.
Deputies, officers, and agents searched through cabinets and a car inside a garage. Authorities were also seen going in and out of the house.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Marana-Avra Valley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Back To Supersonica, makes its debut at the Pima Air & Space Museum
- Oro Valley’s “Drop & Shop” event lets parents finish holiday shopping
- OV public outreach kicks into high gear, community invited to special events
- Oro Valley seeks to fill Conceptual Design Review Board vacancies
- Oro Valley’s Winter Parks & Recreation Guide now available